|Prep Time||15 minutes|
as a side dish
- 2 cups Garbanzo Beans (cooked)
- 1 t Tahini (raw, additional 1/2 t to taste)
- 1 Meyer Lemon juiced (additional juice to taste)
- 2 pinches of Hing (aestofida)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (organic, cold pressed)
- 1/4 t Black Pepper (or crushed chili flakes)
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro (fresh)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Water or Veggie Broth (warm)
- 1/4 t Cumin Seeds (ground, dry raosted)
- 1 t Mineral Salt (additional 1-2 pinches to taste)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor except the cilantro. Gently pulse ingredients and adding extra liquid to give a creamy texture.
- Fine chop the cilantro and stir in.
To Cook Garbanzo Beans:
Dry Garbanzo Beans (from bulk or packaged):
Soak overnight. Rinse very well. In large pot, cover beans plus 1 inch with water or veggie broth and simmer for 1 hour.
Canned Garbanzo Beans:
Rinse very well. In a large pot, cover beans plus 1 inch with water or veggie broth and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.