15 mins / Overnight Soaking
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp raw tahini (additional 1/2 tbsp to taste)
- 1 Meyer Lemon - juiced (additional juice to taste)
- 2 pinches Hing
- 1/4 cup olive oil (organic, cold pressed)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper or Crushed Chili Flakes
- 1/2 bunch fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup warm Water or Veggie Broth
- 1/4 tsp ground, dry roasted Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Mineral Salt (additional 1 - 2 pinches to taste)
Put all ingredients in a food processor except the fresh cilantro. Gently pulse ingredients, adding extra liquid to give a creamy texture. Fine chop the cilantro and stir in.
To Cook Garbanzo Beans:
Dry Garbanzo Beans (from bulk or packaged) -
Soak overnight. Rinse very well. In large pot, cover beans plus 1 inch with water or veggie broth and simmer for 1 hour.
Canned Garbanzo Beans -
Rinse very well. In a large pot, cover beans plus 1 inch with water or veggie broth and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
To make an appointment with New Leaf Ayurveda, schedule a Private Cooking Class or to take advantage of the Private Chef Services, please contact us at 1-916-514-0072 or email@example.com.