Easy - Medium
4 - 5 servings,
as a side dish
- 3 - 4 Carrots (1 cup grated)
- 1 - 3 fresh Fennel bulbs (1 cup grated)
- 1 Apple (peeled and finely chopped)
- Limes, Lemons or Oranges (1/2 cup juice from any combination of these citrus)
- 4 tbsp high quality, organic oil (Olive, Coconut or Udo)
- 3/4 cup Fresh Chopped Herbs (cilantro, basil or dill)
- 1 tsp each: Cumin, Coriander, Fennel (either dry roasted seeds ground to a fine power OR powdered spices)
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tbsp raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp raw grated Ginger
- Black Pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp soaked Raisins
- Toasted seeds and nuts
- Toasted Coconut
- 1/4 cup Whole Cream
Grate and combine carrots, fennel and peeled apple in a bowl. In a second bowl, mix together citrus juice, oil, honey, grated ginger, fresh herbs and black pepper. Toss grated carrots, fennel and apple with the citrus dressing. Add in powdered spices and salt. Thoroughly coat the carrots, fennel and apples. Add black pepper to taste.
Eat and Enjoy!
To make an appointment with New Leaf Ayurveda, schedule a Private Cooking Class or to take advantage of the Private Chef Services, please contact us at 1-916-514-0072 or email@example.com.